Funding and Award Opportunities for Cancer Research
|Award Name:||Physician Research Training Award|
|Funding Sponsor:||Department of Defense (DOD) Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP)|
|Funding Sponsor Link:||http://cdmrp.army.mil/pcrp/|
• The maximum period of performance is 4 years.
• The maximum allowable direct costs amount for the entire period of performance is $520,000 plus indirect costs. The maximum allowable direct costs amount per year is $130,000 plus indirect costs.
• All direct and indirect costs of any subaward (subgrant or subcontract) must be included in the total direct costs of the primary award.
• Regardless of the period of performance proposed, the applicant may not exceed the maximum allowable direct costs. Indirect costs shall be proposed in accordance with the organization’s negotiated rate agreement up to a maximum rate of 8%.
Pre-Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Eastern time (ET), August 27, 2014
• Confidential Letters of Recommendation Submission Deadline: 5:00 p.m. ET,
September 10, 2014
• Application Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. ET, September 10, 2014
The Physician Research Training Award supports a mentored training experience to prepare physicians with clinical duties and/or responsibilities for productive careers in prostate cancer research. The trainee is considered the Principal Investigator (PI) of the proposal. The PI must demonstrate a commitment to a career as an investigator at the forefront of prostate cancer research and clinical practice; however, the PI is not required to have previous prostate cancer research experience. Applications must include a robust description of an individualized, prostate cancer-focused training program that will provide the PI with experience in key areas relevant to the proposed work and foster the PI’s development as a prostate cancer researcher. This award requires the involvement of at least one designated mentor with an established research program in prostate cancer, evidenced by publications and funding. The PI and mentor(s) should work together to design a robust training program appropriate to the area of study, which may include coursework, laboratory techniques, conferences, seminars, journal clubs, teaching responsibilities, and/or clinical responsibilities. Institutions must provide at least 40% protection of PI's time for research.
|Information And Eligibilty Criteria:||
The PI must be a physician with clinical duties and/or responsibilities who, at the application submission deadline, is either:
○ In the last year of an accredited medical residency or medical fellowship program, or
○ Within 3 years of having initiated an appointment as Instructor, Assistant Professor, or equivalent.
|Target Awardee:||--- - Not specified|